Friday, July 28, 2006

Bluetooth on the Desktop

I love the Bluetooth capability built in to my car. I get in, it recognizes the phone and everything is handsfree.. perfect!

Why can’t I have the same thing sitting at my desk? I want my computer to recognize my phone and pop up a little message telling me who is calling. Maybe this could be taken a step further and allow me to initiate calls from my computer to my cell phone. I’m sure there are many cool extensions on this idea, but I just want the basics. Why? Simple, I constantly miss calls when I’m listening to music. The only way to get my attention when I’m listening to music is via IM, which isn’t exactly what I want.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Greg Pfeil said...

Both of these features you mention are built into OS X's Address Book by default. It just works.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Hans said...

Yes, I know your pain. I wanted the bluetooth support for my Dell desktop. purchased a Linksys usb bluetooth device. Well, that took forever to configure and get working. Then it would sometimes work. It would stop working and the only way to get it working again was to reinstall the drivers! Argh.

When I got a Mac Mini what did I have to do? Have my phone and the Mac Mini recognize each other and after that it just worked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home