Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 2.2+

Grumble.. Blogger totally ate my last post so I'm going to make this one quick.

I'm pretty well settled at this point. The second day included another half day of orientation and then I made my way over to my office. Waiting for me was a very nice Dell system (2 dual core processors) which I spent the remainder of the day configuring.

I wasn't brave enough to install Vista, but I did install the Office 2007 beta and have been enjoying it so far. My officemate pointed out that I installed Office before Visual Studio. That could be a bad sign.

I did in fact install Visual Studio and even took a minute to write my first C# program. I'll let you guess what that was...

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Brian said...

Good luck with that. It has been quite a while since I've installed anything "beta" from Microsoft (since I'm no longer part of any Microsoft beta programs - sad to see I'm not a Windows beta tester any more). I need to crack a whip and get on the .NET bandwagon and write some code (so that I remember that my background used to be as a software developer) and feel like I can actually develop in Visual C# (though I'll probably also be a VBer at heart having started out of college as a VB developer).

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

Hope you have fun with Vista ;-) I tried the beta2 and found it had some nice features, but really taxed my machine.

hello world?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home