Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Day 2.1

I am now officially a Microsoft employee! That is a scary thought. It is still hard for me to believe that I actually left Amazon. Even more scary is that it really doesn't feel strange at all. You would think after being at a place for so long that a change would be hugely disruptive. So far.. not really. It will be interesting to see how I feel in the coming weeks.

Anyway, today was fully occupied with New Employee Orientation in which we covered anything and everything Microsoft. Hmm.. well, I guess not everything since orientation continues tomorrow.

In other life transition news, I concluded the day by trading in my single man car (a Jeep Wrangler) for a Volvo. Yes, I think I'm officially a grownup.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Hans said...

Congrats on the new job and car. Is the Volvo the standard MS car these days? :')

Btw - Interesting sounding work you are taking on up in Redmond.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Brian said...

I'd think that BMW is the "standard" MS car (from how many there are at MS)...unless you commute by bike (which there are lots of at RedWest).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home