Thursday, January 05, 2006

Please, no more rain!

I know, I know.. I'm in the Pacific Northwest, what should I expect? I'm just so tired of it. Well, not the rain, but riding in the rain. In my last 2 weeks of commuting I have ridden in rain every single day. Fortunately I had a rest week in the middle of those two weeks so I did get a break, but seriously, it is getting to be a bit much.

I thought today would be different. When I went outside this morning it was unusually warm and perfectly dry so I opted for a longer route to work (through Kirkland and Bellevue rather than following I-90 into the city). About 20 minutes in the ride I felt the first drops. I can live with this, I thought.. the roads aren't even wet. By the time I was approaching Kirkland it was full fledged rain, not even Seattle spit.. and I had a long way go to work.

I'm not exactly looking forward to the commute tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

It's been pretty heavy this week. Yesterday I got to work and my coworkers wanted to go out for coffee.. didn't see a point into changing since I'd get my new stuff just as wet. The combination of short days and constant cloud cover are making it kind of difficult sometimes. On the other hand, it has been warmer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home