Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Trip to Hell

This means going to Babies R Us at the Southcenter Mall in the middle of the holiday season. It isn't normally something I would sign up for, but my son opted to time his growth into a car seat perfectly (thanks!).

I dread going to Babies R Us. The store itself is usually fine, but the staff is amazing unhelpful and lazy. I don't even think half of them like babies. I could go on and on about the terrible experiences we had at this place while stocking up on baby stuff, but I'll spare you the details. I will say that yesterday turned out to be more pleasant than I was expecting. Even though the malls were packed, we were able to get in very quickly and the gentleman that helped us select and fit a seat was really great. He seemed to know his stuff and was simply a nice guy.

But back to the negative.. does everyone else have bad experience there or is it just me? And why am I spending so much $$ on like a million varieties of chair? Infant seat, car seat, booster seat, high chair.. on and on... sigh.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger kated said...

Yeah, we avoid BRU like you wouldn't believe. They're only in the burbs (we live near downtown), they don't employ helpful people, and their girls' clothes are all pink and frilly and you'd never let your kid wear them to the playground. (OK, you don't have that last problem, but I do.)

BUT, they have the virtual monopoly on stuff like car seats at a reasonable price. We just do all the research we can online and get in and out of the actual store as fast as possible.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

We've been there. Target's seats are not that bad when they're on sale. Once Ryan hits 3, you'll want a seat with cup holders ;-)

Thankfully, we're (-- this --) close to going booster seat with #2 and regular seat with #1.

Unfortunately, people don't recycle seats like they do clothes. You can't even donate an old baby seat.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Randy said...

I find the staff at the Lynwood store to be pretty helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home