Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Kissing the Pavement Boards

I was chucking recently when I read Jim's post about his biannual crash. I've managed to avoid random falls (getting hit by cars doesn't count) up until this point, but on Monday it was my turn. I was commuting to work on my usual route. It was very wet, but not raining at the time. For safety I decided to take a trail instead of riding the sidewalk (on 56th street near costco for you Issaquah people). As I cruised down the trail I was in the middle of a slight bend when the trail turned from concrete to something like a boardwalk. Well, wet wood covered with pine needles doesn't exactly have the grip of concrete and I was sliding along the boards before that thought entered my head.

I picked my self up, sore and embarrassed, verified there was no blood pouring out of me and continue on my way to work. I ended up with a nasty bruise on my hip and some skin missing from there and my elbow, but nothing serious.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

Ouch. Glad you're okay.

Just curious - was this where they'd been doing all the deconstruction on the road going by Costco/PCC ("westbound") with all the overgrown blackberry bushes?

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Doug W said...

This was on the side with the soccer fields where there is a pedestrian path that runs parallel to the sidewalk, but is set back a bit from the sidewalk. I was riding on the path.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home