Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Lake Sammamish Trail

I was thrilled to open the local paper (err, local paper's website) this morning and see this article. Yep, it looks like the Lake Sammamish Trail is finally going to happen! I'm thrilled.

When this is completed I'll be able to ride from downtown Seattle to my house and only touch a few miles of road over a total of almost 40 miles. Unfortunately the first version of the trail will be gravel, meaning I'll still be riding on the road for some time to come.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

As upset as people got, I'm kind of waiting for another shoe to drop, e.g. Lake Forest Park-like stop signs every driveway or worse.

I saw this one on the news today:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002276254_railtrail16e.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home