Saturday, April 09, 2005

Findory

The news folder in my RSS reader essentially never got used. There was always too much in there to read so I just went to cnn.com once in a while to get caught up. Out of curiosity, I decided to try out Findory to see if it could manage the daily flood of news. I signed up on the website and subscribed to several personalized RSS feeds in my interest areas.

I have to say that so far I am impressed. After clicking through on just a couple of articles the feeds started to morph toward my interests. For example, the only sports I really care about are cycling and formula 1 and that is pretty much all Findory shows to me. Now I am regularly going through my news folder since virtually all of it is relevant. My only complaint is that there are still duplicate articles. Sometimes the the same article appears in different categories or the same material shows up from different sources. It is a minor inconvenience.

Anyway, Greg has definitely done some nice work, so go check it out.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Greg Linden said...

Thanks, Doug!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed rawdog recently.

-tedder

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Hans said...

I have been playing with OnFolio and also dumped the news feeds. Too much non relevant.

I will check out the site. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home