Sunday, March 27, 2005

Degreasers

Normally I use a bio degradable (citrus based) degreaser for getting grime off of my bike. Today I decided to try out a White Lightning's Clean Streak product. My bike was especially grimey after a long ride in the rain, so this was a good test for the product.

The results were astonishing (I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound infomercial-ish). I've never seen something remove grease and grit like this. My rear cogs are shiny as if they were brand new. No scrubbing required. Just spray this stuff on and everything rinses off. Of course, it is not bio degradable and I think I probably killed a salmon stream or bald eagle's nest. Kind of scary actually.. I'm going to go now and make sure the rest of my bike hasn't dissolved.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if the degreaser is biodegradeable, the grease/oil/lube isn't.

-tedder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home