Sunday, February 20, 2005

Amazon Prime Impressions

Now that I've been using Amazon Prime for a while I've noticed a few things. I don't see much of a difference in my purchasing behavior when it comes to things like books and music. However, I've really enjoyed having Prime for consumables. I buy as many consumables as possible from Amazon. Everything from mouthwash and dental floss to trash bags and dishwasher detergent. The prices are reasonable and it cuts down on the size of grocery store trips. Anyway, before Prime I would leave a few consumables in my cart and use them as filler to get over the $25 threshold. Even while doing this I tended to forget things. Prime has changed all of that. Now, as soon as I realize I need something I hop online and place the order. No batching, no waiting, no thinking. Notice you're out of trash bags as you're putting out the garbage? No problem. Hop online, click a few times and it's taken care of. Very nice.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

I tried Amazon Prime this week on a carpet steam cleaner. It was deceptively convenient because I didn't have to shop around for the model I wanted (the standard bene of Amazon) nor did I have to pay extra to get it quickly. 2-day on that item was about $46. Add to it all the books and sundry items I'll order, and it seems worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home