Friday, December 24, 2004

Ouch

I'm out of town for the holidays and will be spending a week off of the bike. To keep in shape I brought my running shoes and have been putting in runs every morning. Now, I'm not much of a runner, but I figured I'd be ok. My coach warned that I might be a bit sore.

Well, that was an understatement. I've gone out for about an hour each day and... holy shit am I sore! My legs haven't been in this much pain since I was into weight lifting and put in a tough session of squats. I dread the thought of walking stairs.

Strangely, I'm really enjoying it. Running is different and doesn't require as much gear as riding a bike, so I hope to make the most of my time off... even if that means hobbling around for most of the week.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always start my off-season running with short 15 minute runs. Then move up the time after a week. I really think you are over doing it, especially since you are not a runner. All you are doing at the moment is hurting yourself.

Btw - My coach and several others recommended starting out slowly. It's always worked and I haven't suffered.

- Hans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home