Thursday, November 11, 2004

Creepy Night

Tonight's ride takes the cake as the creepiest I've ever had. I chose to throw a loop around a nearby lake into my route home. Certain parts of the road surrounding the lake are totally wooded with no homes or street lights. And, there is almost never a car around so it's just you and the darkness. Today's twist was the heaving evening fog which had settled on the area. This is pretty typical for this area at this time of year, so it wasn't unexpected, but creepy nonetheless.

As I rode around the lake my headlight cast an eerie shadow on everything and lit up the fog with a ghostly glow. I figured one of two things was going to happen. I was going to be abducted by aliens or some freaky creature was going to appear in the middle of the road in front of me. Well, nothing appeared in front of me, so I think I might have been abducted. I don't remember anything, but that's always how these things start. Maybe in time I'll find out what really happened tonight.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

Does the chip behind your ear still itch?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home