Monday, June 21, 2004

Seward Park Summer Classic

This ended up being a non-event. It was a 40 minute criterium around Seward Park, just like the Thursday night events, only a bit longer. I didn't really prepare and since it was so close to home I just took it as an opportunity to get another start under by belt and get some race training in.

As usual, I came away from the race thinking about how to get in better shape for next season. I've been lusting over a beautiful pair of wheels that retail for $1350, more than half original price of my bike. I realized that while they are cool, they will make no practical difference in my performance. When you look around at races, equipment seems to make no practical difference. It's the guy sitting on the equipment that really matters. If I'm going to invest some money in this hobby I should make sure I can see the difference. So, I think I'm going to take some cash and buy some time with a coaching service over the winter. I'll probably use Carmichael Training Systems, but I have a couple months to decide.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Randal said...

Wow, a coach for your hobby. You really don't play around do you Doug.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Doug W said...

After this I can start my own online service. Randy, special deal for you, only $100/month.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jim Carson said...

Online coaching is available in running, too, Randy. :)

Is there a Turing test for the online coaches?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home